More and more about NS-2

Refresh my mind on NAM error in FEDORA 10

Download: Patch

Error when executing nam in Fedora 10 terminal:
nam:
[code omitted because of length]
: no event type or button # or keysym
while executing
"bind Listbox {
%W yview scroll [expr {- (%D / 120) * 4}] units
}"
invoked from within
"if {[tk windowingsystem] eq "classic" || [tk windowingsystem] eq "aqua"} {
bind Listbox {
%W yview scroll [expr {- (%D)}] units
}
bind Li..."


After installing Fedora 10 with NS-2 two months back, the solution seems to have been faded from my mind. Totally cannot recall. Now my friend is having this error, yet I have forgotten how to solve it. Should have record all the solution here for reference last time but I have started this blog kinda late. Hope will soon find the solution and definitely will update in here this time!

Solution:

  1. Extract tk-8.4.18-tkBind.patch from the downloaded patch.zip.
  2. Put the file in ns-allinone-2.33 folder and in the same directory patch with the command: patch -p0 <>
  3. Finally, compile the ns-2 again with the command: ./install
PS: For my case, I have to be the "root" so that ./install will compile my ns-2 completely.

OR
  1. Extract tk-8.4-lastevent.patch from downloaded patch.zip.
  2. Put the file in tk8.4.18 folder and in the same directory as the patch and type with the command: patch -p1 < ./tk-8.4-lastevent.patch
  3. File to patch: generic/tk.h
  4. Finally, compile the ns-2 again at ns-allinone-2.33 directory with the command : ./install

2 comments:

Thank you!!!
I use Fedora 10 !
solution my problem !

Fabiano.bie from Brazil

You are most welcome! Hope all these notes helps as I have gone through time consuming steps and now I compile the best here. :)

Post a Comment